Opportunities with American Health Network, Part of Optum. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also an OptumCare partner, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for providers and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being.
It is time to take your career to the next level. In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for patients in a clinic setting. At OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of business, you will build meaningful relationships with patients, their family members, health care providers and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care.
Location: American Health Network, Part of Optum: 12188B N Meridian St Ste 330, Carmel, IN 46032
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. No evenings, weekends or holidays.
Specialty: Primary Care
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical equipment & instruments.
- Room patients, obtain health history and check vital signs.
- Document patient care using electronic medical record software.
- Administer medications and perform injections/immunizations.
- Assist providers with minor, in-office procedures and perform point-of-care testing.
- Schedule appointments, complete prior authorizations, process medication refills, handle referrals and answer patient calls as needed.
- High school diploma or completion of an equivalent adult education program
- Medical Assistant diploma, technical certificate or certification OR 1+ years of experience performing the critical skills of a medical assistant after on-the-job training OR Current enrollment in an accredited medical assistant training program OR Active EMT certification accredited
- Previous experience working as a Medical Assistant or EMT
- Active medical assistant certification (CMA, CCMA, NCMA or RMA)
- Experience with electronic medical record software
- CPR certification
- Experience performing medical back office tasks including obtaining vital signs, injections/immunizations, phlebotomy, urinalysis and administering medications.
- Experience performing medical front office tasks including scheduling appointments, prior authorizations, medication refills and referrals.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RMA, CMA, Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, Indianapolis, EMT, Emergency Medical Technician, Carmel, Indiana, IN