To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Retail Operations Manager - Los angeles, CA
SOS Security • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SOS Security has an immediate need for a Retail Security Operations Manager in the Los Angeles , CA area!!
This position will manage officers working retail accounts in the Los Angeles area.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruiting, training and scheduling with brand appropriate officers.
- Direct responsibility for the Louis Vuitton Rodeo store, Lead Officer and Assistant Lead to ensure that consistency is maintained at the store.
- Work closely with direct manager and regional recruiters to staff the permanent sites without the need for subcontracting. Also, work with the recruiters to build small flex teams in LA to be available for lateness, no shows and overnight special coverage.
- Reduce dependency on strategic partners to support the growth in Special coverage.
- Ensure officers are trained on all post orders for each site.
- Complete required store visits, audits and escalate all issues to appropriate managers and HR, including operational deficiencies, performance related issues and employee morale. Follow up on all deficiencies to store management.
- Enhance and improve open communication with store level management both with SOS clients and the former Security clients.
- Be available to meet with the clients’ LP Regional Managers when they are conducting market visits.
- Develop a rapport with store management teams and understand the client culture.
- Work closely with other area Operations Managers who manage retail accounts.
Retail Operations Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Strong leadership skills and positive demeanor, Managing Processes, Supervision, Developing Standards, Promoting Process Improvement, Strong Customer Service and Service Delivery orientation, Strong interpersonal skills, Reporting Skills, Effective Planning, Organizing and Personal Initiative Skills.
Qualified candidates must have a history of demonstrating good judgment, confidentiality and discretion, and uncompromising standards of quality, integrity, and outstanding performance. The selected candidate will be someone who is high-energy, thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is available to work extended hours as needed to support the requirements of the position.
- Experience in risk management and relevant security assessments. Ability to be highly proactive and advise on processes as they are being improved or developed.
- Manages the staff deployment, which includes interviewing, hiring, training and assignment of employees to work locations best-suited to the employee’s skillset and experience while meeting both the company and client’s needs.
- Manages the scheduling process to optimize operating results and to keep avoidable overtime to a minimum; determines best resolution to staffing issues and problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of site contracts and requirements, of Security Officer training, availability and time worked, and of client exclusion lists.
- Simultaneous accountability for multiple customer locations.
- High School diploma and a minimum of five (5) years of related security management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job as determined by SOS.
- Safe Driving Record
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization and with outside organizations/individuals, the ability to protect and maintain confidentiality, ability to execute tasks independently and multi-task.
- Thorough understanding of security operations.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
- Ability to direct work by providing instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office and productivity software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various internal and external documents and reports.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to be an effective team player.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey (as required).
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Previous experience (5+ years) in a security environment.
- Security, Police or military training background.
- ASIS Board-Certified Protection Professional, Certified Information Security Services Professional, CISM
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid life insurance, paid company holidays and sick leave, 401K and various discounts on hotels, car rentals, mobile phone services and computer equipment. SOS Security provides tuition reimbursement and tuition assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
Now the fourth largest security personnel company in the U.S., SOS Security’s growth is driven by our ongoing dedication to meet our clients’ evolving security requirements.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.
#CB#Back Email Apply Now