To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brookings, SD 57006
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SGS North America • Brookings, SD
Posted 16 days ago
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 90,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS's Agriculture and Food services provide clients what they want: end-to-end supply chain services that reduce risk, ensure quality and improve productivity while providing consumers assurance of safety and quality at every stage.
Performing general laboratory duties for SGS's 68,000 square foot, state of the art agricultural testing laboratory. This position offers full time, day hours in a fast paced work environment while also offering excellent benefits and casual dress.
- Prepare, label, plant, process, treat and file samples.
- Troubleshoot and monitor for irregularities in seed or seedling test results, media, temperatures, equipment and facilities.
- Prepare seed treatment chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Assist with keeping laboratory area and equipment clean and organized.
- Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
- Review and update quality manual procedures as needed.
- Perform general laboratory duties.
- Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
Education, Competencies & Required Skills:
- Experience in laboratory work desired, however on the job training is provided.
- Agricultural background desired.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Must be well organized, able to manage numbers mentally, regularly lift 15-30 pounds, display a strong sense of urgency and have excellent communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.