Mechanical Engineer (Power Sector)Position Description:
The Mechanical Engineer (Power Sector) collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering
calculations. Mechanical Engineer (Power Sector) performs engineering design and analysis on complex or unique
problems associated with various power and steam generating facilities. The Mechanical Engineer (Power Sector)
demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and
participating in technical seminars/courses.Essential Functions:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Provides leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering discipline required.
- PE license is preferred.
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience working with (sizing, specifying, selecting and/or troubleshooting) power plant equipment such as: pressure boilers, pumps, motors, steam/gas turbines, mixers/agitators, compressors, fans, dryers, flue gas scrubbers, related mechanical and pneumatic ash or coal conveyor systems and high energy
- piping systems, etc.
- Possess a good working knowledge of how relevant codes/standards from the following organizations apply to the design and selection of equipment and systems: AMCA, ANSI, API, ASME, ASTM, AWWA.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Applied Flow Technology products (Fathom, Arrow, Impulse) and Microsoft Office products.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions
of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job may be performed at the Client’s production facility or industrial/construction job site and could last for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional overnight travel to a client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.