To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
800 1st Avenue Northeast
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant II
UnityPoint Health • Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted 1 month ago
Provides administrative support to Director of Operations, Associate Medical Director, and Department Director as well as Clinic Administrators and physicians/providers that report to Director. Assists with confidential matters concerning providers and staff. Manages calendars for the Director of Operations and Associate Medical Director and works emails for both as deemed appropriate.
• Manages Director of Operations, Associate Medical Director, and Department Director’s calendars and emails, including follow up and associated project work/requests.
• Assists staff, clinic administrators and physicians/providers in clinics on a daily basis with their requests.
• Assists with recruiting and onboarding of new physicians/providers and clinic administrators.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Associate degree in business or health administration.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software applications.
• Five years of administrative secretarial experience in health care preferred.
• Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Typing ability of 60 wpm.
• Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.