You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Provide plant automation & process control support for the production facilities for major capital projects. Identify, design, & implement automation improvement opportunities that align with the business goals to safely meet production targets utilizing lean manufacturing principles. Work with peers at other sites to incorporate automation standards that align with best practices defined by the Global Engineering group. Assist in defining automation modernization strategies for the business, specifically at the Pasadena site.
- This position, in collaboration with 3rd party automation firms, is responsible for leading and specifying, installing, documenting, and troubleshooting automation equipment for new and existing processes, translating conceptual designs into functional equipment and products.
- Manage automation projects including FEED, detailed design, factory acceptance testing, installation, commissioning and start-up.
- Provide plant commissioning and start-up support.
- Work with process control engineers from all Afton manufacturing sites to develop & maintain a set of standards & conventions for best in practice plant automation & process control.
- Work with engineers to identify ways to optimize plant operations through improved automation by applying lean manufacturing principles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience applying process control solutions in chemical/petrochemical manufacturing facility.
- Experience with implementing major capital projects & supporting daily activities.
- Experience configuring & maintaining automation on multiple DCS, PLC, & HMI platforms
- Experience working with data historians (e.g. OSI Pi, Aspen IP21) & managing databases (e.g. SQL, MsAccess).
- Good knowledge of batch application and standards (ISA 88)
- Working knowledge of automation standards for process safety, alarm management & cybersecurity for industrial control systems.
- Alarm Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Computer Interaction
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BBBH171609
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.