To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
24552 Pacific Park Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Health Technician (BHT)
American Addiction Centers • Aliso Viejo, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The primary role of the Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) is in providing direct and support services to female or male drug and alcohol abusers. Specifically, the two main functions of the BHT are 1) supervision of the clients and 2) ensuring their participation in treatment related services and facilitating psycho-educational and recreational activities.
- Assist in supervision of client activities and be aware of client whereabouts at all times, including breaks and internal activities.
- Attend all mandatory trainings.
- Engage clients in therapeutic activities, as appropriate.
- Provide a brief overview of the housing program in regard to program rules, procedure, and services, with each new client.
- Maintains order and ensures compliance with rules and regulations; ensures that clients conduct themselves in an orderly manner.
- Monitor and document clients for signs of medical distress and/or behavioral conduct on an ongoing basis.
- Provide appropriate support and structure for clients in dealing with their recovery, interacts continually with clients.
- Ensure wake-up and bedtime, escorts residents on shopping trips, recreations, meetings, medical appointments, etc.
- Enforces program rules at all times.
- Distributes daily mail to clients and observes confidentiality standards.
- Records accurate and up-to date reports.
- Report to Supervisor any discrepancies in client's whereabouts.
- Responds appropriately to all medical and other emergencies.
- When assigned to drive Company vehicles, BHT’s are responsible for safe operation and maintenance of vehicles.
- Conducts search of all client bags when being admitted to the facility. Confiscates and secures any contraband found, and notifies the appropriate Program Director or supervisor on duty in their absence.
- Randomly inspects all rooms, common areas, and hallways every thirty minutes.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
- Candidates in recovery must have 2+ years of sobriety.
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.