To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pontiac, MI 48340
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Business Analyst - GPS0003732
General Motors • Pontiac, MI
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for the Business Management of Government Contracts for General Motors LLC and/or GM Defense LLC. The responsibilities of the position will include the preparation of cost proposals for submission to government agencies, the generation of claims to government agencies for the reimbursement of costs incurred, and the preparation of quarterly financial reports, and other financial documents pertaining to government contracts.
- Compile requests for payment from US federal agencies under contracts and cooperative agreements with the US Government
- Organize and summarize invoices from suppliers and subcontractors under government project as support for inclusion in sponsored project invoices
- Obtain necessary approvals of project invoices from project personnel and/or Government Contract Office personnel authorizing payment for invoiced items/services within the SAP system
- Secure payment verifications for subcontract, material and outside service costs for retention within program invoice files from the SAP or DACOR system as applicable
- Create reports of time expended under government projects using the Powertrain Time and Attendance System (PTAS)
- Assess PTAS Timesheet accuracy and ensure supervisory approval for employees assigned to sponsored projects
- Utilize PTAS Time accumulation by final cost objective/project for sponsored projects as a basis for valuing GM’s cost incurred under these projects
- Support the development of financial proposals related to GM Engineering proposals seeking government assistance.
- Complete quarterly financial reports supporting billings to federal agencies
- Interact with Federal and independent auditors during compliance, incurred cost, and indirect rates reviews related to government sponsored projects
- Support and assist in the compilation and analyzing of direct and indirect cost rates under government contracts
- Act as control point for the docket of potential government contracts and assist Senior Manager in management of the docket of government contract managers
- Knowledge of the SAP system as it pertains to the accumulation of purchasing and financial information at a project level
- Strong knowledge of financial and managerial accounting principles as demonstrated by both education, employment history, and professional certifications
- Strong Technical Accounting knowledge and ability to apply the same to a variety of government contract types
- GM specific knowledge of the use of SAP as a cost accumulation and project management tool in engineering projects
- Two or more years of experience in a cost or financial function containing regulatory compliance with government contract terms as a key job responsibility
- Experience in the development of compliant costing rates mandated by government cost accounting regulations
- Experience in the completion of a corporate incurred cost submission
- Polished, professional demeanor demonstrating capability to interact with outside professionals and members of senior corporate management
- Ability to think and react clearly under time constrained conditions
- Knowledge of federal procurement rules and policies
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Professional certification or MBA with concentration in accounting or Finance
- Long-term assignment – minimum three to five-year commitment
- Knowledge and documented completion of training in the areas of federal procurement and assistance regulations
- Ability and willingness to regularly read, digest, and analyze complex Government statutes and regulations and apply them to cost collection and reporting requirements under government agreements
- Ability to identify, interpret, and apply federal laws and regulations governing financial processes under government contracts to GM’s systems and financial practices under these agreements
- Knowledge of or the ability to understand the cost principles contained within Part 31 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, the Title 2 Uniform Grant Regulation, and the Cost Accounting Standards
- Comfort with placing compliance needs above the comfort of Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, public administration, or contract management, with the ability to understand and apply cost accounting rules and regulations
- Prefer MBA, or MPA level degree or equivalent
- Professional Certifications from NCMA may be substituted in lieu of the preferred graduate level education cited above