General Manager - Limited Service Hotel Artesia, New Mexico
This hotel is a Choice Hotels International brand. Hotel features breakfast area, conference room, fitness center, guest laundry, and indoor pool and spa. The General Manager position will involve the job description as outlined below.
Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on company standards and building awareness of hotel in the local community.
We want our guests to experience Engaging Efficiency which means we need team members to demonstrate the following service behaviors:
Make a Connection – show guests that they are important and make them feel at ease by taking time to acknowledge them in a friendly way
Be Helpful – familiarize yourself with all the services in the hotel and the local area to answer any question and give guests what they need to find their own way
Be Efficient – take ownership and play your part to get things done by making things easier for guests; doing as much as in advance and multi-task when you need to
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Administration, Business Administration. Four plus years of hotel management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience required may vary based on size and complexity of operation. Must speak fluent English.
Candidate must pass full background check prior to job offer.
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results.
- Utilize financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share.
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owners to maintain or improve property's market leadership position.
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the company service behaviors.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength. Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Make time to interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with hotel's or owner's policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally-conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel's carbon footprint.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competitive Salary with bonus package
- Paid vacation
- Insurance reimbursement plan
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback