The Director of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing and leading the HR Strategic Partnership (HRBP) team on a broad range of general human resources duties in supporting the Originations line of business that includes staffing analysis, assisting with recruiting and retention efforts, employee engagement, employee relations, compensation planning, performance management, leadership development, and policy and procedure creation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, and retention.
- Supports and drives HR strategic initiatives.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides creative solutions to address HR challenges and implications to the organization and business strategies.
- Provides compensation guidance to managers and supports annual compensation planning process.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures and workforce planning.
- Provides performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partners with the Leadership and Development team to provide expertise and leadership in organizational development, employee and leadership development, and succession planning.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies and programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Responsible for communicating department, procedure, policy changes/updates to the HRBP team.
- Lead, develop, and manage the HR Strategic Partnership team members.
- Support the HRBP’s by providing advice, counsel and decisions as they partner with their clients and employees on various HR topics.
- Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary. Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet business requirements.
- As a member of the HR Leadership Team, provide general leadership to other areas of HR.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations at the federal, state and local level.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Proven relationship skills with experience in partnering with coaching and building credibility with senior leaders.
- Ability to use professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems.
- Ability to use judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to manage performance, coach and mentor; provide training.
- Proficient in employment law; independently manages complex ER issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly collaborative, innovative and creative in approaching and accomplishing work.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 15 + years progressive Human Resources experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing others required.
- Experience managing multiple remote personnel preferred.
- Travel will be required to other regional offices
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
- SHRM or SPHR/PHR Certified preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.