To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Melville, NY 11747
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Parker & Lynch • Melville, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Parker + Lynch is looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. This an excellent opportunity for someone to have full exposure with all accounting functions within the company.
The organization values their employees and offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition reimbursement upto $6k per year
- Casual dress code and environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
The essential job functions involve preparing journal entries and assisting Senior Accountants in the monthly and year-end closing, and additional projects.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
• Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
• Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
• Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
• Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
• Helping accounting department with all duties including, project billing, A/R, AP, bank reconciliations, and intercompany transactions.
• Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
• Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
• Assist with other accounting projects
• 1-3 years of accounting experience
• Understanding of GAAP accounting
• Excellent knowledge of Excel , VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables, Sum If functions, etc.
• Bachelors in accounting, finance or relevant field
If you are interested in this Jr. Accountant job or other accounting/finance related opportunities please apply and email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].