To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Web Developer
Octo Consulting Group • Reston, VA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Junior Web Developer to join our growing team in support of a Federal customer in Reston, VA.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Instructs, assigns, and directs the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Fundamental understanding of Angular
- Fundamental understanding of Node.js
- Foundational knowledge of Java
- Experience with multiple operating systems including: UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Experience with SQL query writing, data retrieval, data mining from relational databases such as Oracle (PL/SQL), MySQL, Postgres and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- BS degree
About Octo Consulting Group, Inc.
Octo Consulting Group (Octo) is an industry leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
Other Considerations: This position is W2 only; no Corp to Corp or 1099 candidates. Relocation will not be offered. Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
For more information please visit: