To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mechanicsville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Corporate Human Resources Manager
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Mechanicsville, VA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provides consultative and collaborative support to Owens & Minor's leadership teams and teammates at the Corporate Office in all functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to effective employee relations, staffing, compensation and benefits, training, change management and organizational development strategies. Fosters employee engagement at all levels and ensures compliance with employment laws. Partners in the creation of HR policies, programs and procedures. Communicates, administers and ensures the implementation and compliance of all Human Resources policies and initiatives. Provides tailored assistance to the HR Business Partner in the delivery of service. Ensures that Human Resources objectives are aligned with strategic business goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Serves as a coach to leadership to ensure effective employees relations in matters of supervision, discipline, termination, motivation and performance management procedures, practices and policies. Conducts timely and thorough complaint/charge investigations and makes appropriate recommendations. Prepares case findings and recommendations for review by the HR Business Partner, Home Office HR Leadership and Legal Department.
2. Provides input to overall HR strategies and helps to develop local strategies that comply with Home Office programs and meet organizational developmental issues; works with the Global Talent Acquisition and Organizational Effectiveness team to deliver organization design (to include workforce realignments, downsizing, etc.), succession planning, training and development activities, performance management and other pertinent related issues.
3. Partners with Home Office Functions such as Benefits and Compensation, HR Operations inclusive of HRIS and Payroll to ensure the creation and implementation of teammate program and services.
4. Manages, develops, and coaches HR team members to ensure the effectiveness and credibility of the HR function.
5. Partners with the HR Business Partner and Operations/Provider Services leadership team in development and execution of recruiting and staffing initiatives to build strong talent pipeline to meet projected growth.
6. Focuses on the identification, selection and retention of talent to ensure a dynamic pipeline capable of delivering on forward-looking operational plans.
7. Acts as an impartial teammate advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment.
8. Serves as a liaison between teammates and O&M Leadership; promotes and fosters an 'open door' culture.
9. Resolves issues in the following areas: Affirmative Action/EEOC, Performance Management, Placement/Outplacement Assistance, Benefits and Compensation.
10. Provides individual coaching/counseling to all teammates using conflict resolution and mediation techniques, intervention and change management strategies as circumstances dictate. Refers teammates to the appropriate resources/services, where applicable.
11. Ensures understanding and drives compliance with Company policy, and federal, state, and local employment laws; acts decisively to resolve high-risk employee relations issues.
12. Assists in representing the Company in civil and EEOC charges. Communicates, implements, and administers company policies/procedures in the areas of Affirmative Action, Benefits, and Compensation, Training, Employment/Outplacement and Quality initiatives to meet the business goals.
13. Assesses and improves the management of human capital in areas of leadership, learning, communication, and collaboration. Provide written assessments with specific action items for improvement. Implements recommendations to effect change; conducts post intervention follow-up and review.
14. Acts as information link to ensure teammates are aware of and are utilizing O&M benefits and programs; identifies trends in teammate concerns or needs and provides feedback to Home Office HR to improve programs.
15. Negotiates with other areas of the Company representing the needs of the region for support/services based on unique and specific needs. Develops/performs needs assessments for such requests based on schedules, availability or resources and time constraints.
16. Partners with leadership on business expansions, acquisitions and/or location closings. Works closely with the assigned leadership team in formulating/implementing HR and business strategies (i.e., resource allocation, quality initiatives and organizational effectiveness).
17. Generates, analyzes, and presents HR metrics reporting to management.
18. Leverages the exit survey process and related turnover data to identify and address retention issues.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
2. Travels up to 20% of the time.
3. Works extended hours on occasion
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree in area of specialty required; Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum, six (6) years of experience in the field or in a related area
- PHR professional designation preferred
- Familiar with a variety of strategic human resources and OFFCP compliant concepts, practices, and procedures
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
Experienced leading and directing the work of others
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic human resources programs to advance an organizations strategy and goals
- Demonstrated skill and confidence in proactively building relationships with top tier partners/leaders both internally and externally
- Strong ability to make decisions in a changing environment
- Strong ability to anticipate future needs of the organization
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive team leader who welcomes challenges
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Works independently as a self-starter committed to delivering the highest in customer service, quality and results
- Analyzes information to make sound business decisions
- Anticipates problems and works proactively to solve them through creative thinking
- Negotiates skillfully, anticipating reactions and planning strategically to overcome objections