To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
S45 W29290 Wisconsin 59
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Test Engineer II
Generac • Waukesha, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking an Electrical Test Engineer II to join our expanding Remote Monitoring team.
The Test Engineer II role is responsible for testing new and/or existing design components and prototypes to ensure that they meet design acceptance criteria. They will also be responsible for conducting test planning, test data analysis, perform complex calculations, and document test results and conclusions. The Test Engineer II will also develop conclusions and recommendations for test reports based on test results.
The scope of this position involves all aspects of product and process testing including planning, execution, analysis and documentation of tests assigned. The primary measure of this position is the ability to plan and conduct tests that can be appropriately used to demonstrate the effectiveness of product and process designs in meeting the customer requirements. The key dimensions of this position are the ability to create logical and empirical linkages between real world conditions and the controlled conditions created in the test lab in meeting the customer requirements and complying with industry regulations, codes, and standards.Responsibilities
- Conduct 'whitebox' testing of Connectivity products
- Use C and C++ coding skills to troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Develop code for products in development
- Provide laboratory leadership in new product development teams and creation of test plans
- Maintain test-related new product and current product laboratory documentation in database environment
- Design test plans for testing on prototypes, existing, and competitor products
- Support the design, procurement, planning, assembly, and implementation of test equipment
- Assist design Engineers in test methods and product analysis
- Prepare laboratory testing methods and demonstrate testing competence
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Design experience with a variety of materials (plastics, alumni castings, sheet metal, etc.) and basic knowledge of material specs and use;
- Experience in new product design and development
- Experience conducting analysis using FEA, CFD, etc.;
- Experience with 3D modeling such as Creo or SolidWorks;
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.