Genesis10 is seeking an IT Business Analyst for a long term contract position with our Transportation industry client located in Downtown KC MO. We are unable to work with OPT candidates for this position. Description
This IT Business Analyst (BA) will be a part of a team of BA's working on a program to modernize core legacy applications.
In this role, the BA will work closely with IT and business stakeholders to understand and document how the business utilizes legacy applications in day-to-day processes, as well as, identify pain points and opportunities for improvement. The BA will act as a liaison between stakeholders and development team to represent interests of the stakeholders, clarify requirements, and solve for identified gapsResponsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate requirements sessions to identify and validate requirements with IT and business stakeholders.
- Deliver appropriate artifacts for assigned projects based on program guidelines including process models, use cases, user stories, context diagrams, business rules, decision models, reporting requirements, and others as needed.
- Collaborate with BA team members to identify gaps and dependencies in requirements across applications and departments.
- Review artifacts and requirements with stakeholders to obtain approvals.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the QA organization during User Acceptance Testing to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
- 7+ years IT/IS business analysis experience.
- Ability to define current/future business models and influence the interconnections between the business processes, technology, data and people.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts to broad audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple sets of priorities and deliverables in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to create Use Cases, User Stories and Business Process Models.
- Experience working in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid methodologies.
- Strong facilitation, active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships with business and IT teams.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing skills.
- Intuitively assess the best course of action to take in a given situation and understand how and when to apply guidelines.
- Experience working on large and complex projects throughout the SDLC.
- Experience working on technology projects with vendors.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience managing and working through organizational change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply today! About Genesis10:
- Railroad industry experience.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- CBAP (Certified Business Analyst Professional).
- Experience working on legacy modernization projects.
- Experience effectively identifying requirements for web-based, COTS, and ERP applications.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English (both written and spoken).
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
“Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”
Perform Statistical Analysis
Business Process Improvement
Provide Analytic Consultation