Vaco is working with a large client of ours to find a Contract Technical Accounting Manager - this is a long term consulting role with an estimated duration of 18 months. We have placed numerous candidates with this industry leader and the role affords tremendous exposure. This is a hybrid role.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Technical Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for researching and drafting recommendations for the discussion and analysis of the companys most technical accounting issues.
* Participate in the review of new business deals and compare technical accounting on acquired companies to current GAAP and client's current treatment of complex issues.
* Provide feedback on analyses, including due diligence reports and valuation of identifiable intangibles
* Flag potential accounting issues
* Analyze acquisitions and divestitures, revenue and expense recognition, foreign currency, barter transactions, multi-element transactions, and equity and cost method investments
* Assist with updating the companys current online accounting policies
* Develop new accounting policies based upon the adoption of new accounting standards, authoritative guidance, and policy updates
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting (or MAcc)
* CPA required
* 10+ years of related accounting experience
- Due Diligence