To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Human Resources
Helios HR • Chicago, IL
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1.3 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing--each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options. Our most successful employees are committed to our Core Values, which are:
- Putting members first
- Leading change
- Giving respect
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is in search of a Director, Human Resources to join the team. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, and is based in the Chicago office. NAR is an employee-focused association of 350 employees with a commitment to creating an environment that supports a strong “work/life balance” culture. NAR offers some remote work, flexible hours and an extremely competitive compensation/benefit program. One critical aspect of the Human Resources Director role is to provide an employee oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment. If you are optimistic, collaborative, and autonomous and you have a passion for human resources, this position may be the perfect fit for you.Responsibilities
- Builds relationships with employees and develops a positive reputation as neutral and approachable
- Provides advice and counsel to staff
- Responsible for conducting detailed investigations to complex employee relations issues and recommending solutions that are in alignment with the Associations’ core values and an understanding of HR guidelines and employment laws
- Provide coaching to staff on issues of employee relations, professional development and performance management
- Partner with and help staff to determine and execute organizational objectives and strategies that support the culture, company direction and business needs of their organizations, as well as across functions
- Will collaborate with 3 Directors and provide input on all projects
- Lead new projects as assigned
- Determines, designs and presents NAR's professional development strategy to SVP, HR
- Implements strategy
- Delivers professional development/training programs
- Conduct on going needs assessment to understand and address staff skill gaps
- Manages professional development program budget
- Manages relationships with vendors and external consultants. Works in partnership with internal stakeholder, collaborating on professional development programs and ensuring alignment of programs
- Develop and implement Performance Management Program
- Creates best in class welcome experience for new hires’ onboarding including culture immersion
- 10 years of Human Resources experience with strong employee relations and professional development/training experience
- Generalist experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools, must have experience with development and implementation of training programs
- Phenomenal communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with a high level of response to all inquiries
- Organizational and time management abilities
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Results oriented with high attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to think in innovative ways to find solutions to problem
- High level of proficiency with PowerPoint