To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA 22042
- Marlon Lobban
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Financial Ops Specialist - Mid Level
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Falls Church, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Business Fin Ops Spec Mid Lvl) (ID#14433)
Location: Falls Church, VA (DHHQ)???????
The Defense Health Agency (DHA) is a Combat Support Agency supporting the healthcare needs of our warfighters and beneficiaries throughout the Military Health System (MHS). The DHA is embarking on the monumental task of taking over management and oversight of all MHS Direct Care Facilities by October 2018 as mandated in Public Law 114-28, the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act. This transition is to achieve greater standardization of healthcare across the MHS and streamline management of healthcare activities. This new era will require increased knowledge sharing, agility, integration, and continuous improvement to positively influence the success of the current and future health of all stakeholders served.
CNT is seeking a Journeyman/ Mid-Level Business / Healthcare Operations Specialist to assist with the DHA Clinical Support Division (CSD), Patient Safety Program (PSP) and The Office of the Deputy of the Assistant Secretary of Defense Health Services Policy and Oversight (HSP&O) Programmatic and Technical support contract. This contract provides programmatic and technical support for the DoD PSP, the DHA CSD (Medical Affairs/J-3), and Office of Assistant Secretary of Defense (OASD) Health Affairs (HA) HSP&O in five major areas: professional consultative services, management studies/MHS/DoD data analysis, preparation of responses, reports, documents, PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, senior executive correspondences, meeting support and policy development/communication/education/drafts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following:
- Coordination with internal and external customers, coordination and collaboration of patient safety governance meetings, and identification of patient safety issues, and provision of consultative expertise to the PSP in developing strategic direction
- Clinical Quality Management and Analytics
- Evidence-based Processes and Research Methods
- Health Information Technology (HIT) Safety
- High Reliability and Safety Culture Transformation
- Provide research, analytical and administrative support to include ongoing evidence-based analytical, research and evaluation methods and outcomes research, medical and safety science consultancy, best practices in patient safety, and relevant product development
- Support of leadership engagement and highly reliable strategies, to include consultation and coaching for the Services and MTFs, recommendation, development and/or repackaging of tools to support team training, develop needs assessments and conduct training and implementation of wide variety of patient safety related professional development and performance improvement activities, to include CEUs
- Engage and communicate (written and verbally) with senior executive leaders within the MHS governance structure on a regular basis; produce senior executive level correspondence using Microsoft Office Suite
- DHA/HA, and keep the Action Officers abreast and the documents routed in a time sensitive manner.
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted timelines.
SUPERVISORY/MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY: None
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree is required; a Master’s degree is highly recommended; a MHA, MBA or Masters in a Healthcare related field is highly preferred.
- Three (3) to six (6) years of experience in healthcare administration or operations supporting the Federal Government or Department of Defense; DHA experience is highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience providing meeting support to include scheduling/coordination, preparing associated documents, and adjudicating meeting minutes is required. Experience with the Defense Health Agency (DHA) or patient safety field is preferred
- Experience conducting effective technical presentations to client management and professional/tactful coordination with a variety of project stakeholders.
- Good organizational skills and excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines
- Good organizational skills and excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with a self-starter approach.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are a must have skill set.
- U.S. Citizenship and DoD government security clearance NACI required.
- The ability to successfully pass as drug screen and a federal background check is mandatory.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
- you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com”.
This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.