To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
- Long & Foster Companies
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Manager, Property Management
Long & Foster Companies • Chantilly, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the general direction of the Controller, the Accounting Manager - Property Management oversees the accounting functions for Property Management. Responsible for cash controls, accounts receivable, accounts payable, owner payments, audit and reporting functions. Position acts as liaison for banks and between Accounting and the Property Management team.
- Supervise staff of 5 Accounting Coordinators who process receivables, accounts payable and owner payments and supported by an Asst. Manager
- Prepare rental pro-ration summaries for sales associates and attorneys upon transfer (sale) of rental properties
- Liaison with the bank to include responsibility for daily ACH file transmittal and review and funding of merchant and bank fees
- Approves all journal entries and is responsible for all checks issued
- Oversee the disbursement of funds to owners and vendors and ensure the accurate and timely distribution of monthly owner statements
- Responsible for month end closings and reports for Property Management
- Coordinate with the President of Property Management, including routine meetings with Property Management team.
- Perform annual audit of Property Management business which includes site visits and sampling data for adherence to policies. A summary of findings are prepared for upper management in an audit report
- Prepares annual 1099 forms and year end statements for owners and vendors
- Reconciles monthly management fees and reviews financial statements for accuracy before month end close.
- Reviews and approves bank reconciliations performed within the PM software
- Bachelor's degree and five to seven years of accounting experience required in the Property Management field; minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Working knowledge of PC based systems/financial software packages
- AppFolio experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
Long & Foster is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and offers a friendly work environment with competitive pay and benefits.