Kelly Engineering is currently looking to hire a Pilot Plant/Laboratory Technician Assistant to work for one of our clients on-site in in Canandaigua, NY for a contract position. The contract is 6 months with potential for extension/direct hire for the right candidate!
- Supports material, product and process development initiatives
- Supports the operation of lab and full scale equipment in the areas of:
- Plastic extrusion
- Plastic thermoforming
- Molded fiber process development
- Supports quality control efforts on the process lines and in the associated quality labs.
- Occasional operation of laboratory physical test equipment using standard test procedures
- Basic manipulation, calculation and reporting of test data
- Supports material handling efforts, including:
- Pallet jack operation
- Raw material loading / inventory management
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Technical, manufacturing, or farm experience is a plus.
- Good mechanical equipment troubleshooting skills is a plus
- MUST be able to follow procedures exactly
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, proactive and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours including occasional overtime.
Core hours: M-F, 7am - 4 pm (flexible to start/end time)
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.