We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Job Description Summary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Recruit and select applicants for all non-exempt jobs.
- Administer the internal selection process and job postings system.
- Coordinate and facilitate all aspects of the on-boarding process for non-exempt employees.
- Counsel and coach employees concerning Company policies and practices.
- Review and discuss disciplinary recommendations with supervisors including terminations.
- Maintain the Progressive Discipline Program for all non-exempt employees.
- Maintain and review all Performance Appraisals for all non-exempt employees.
- Ensure the completion and maintenance of a wide variety of documents, data and files.
- Respond and track all unemployment claims with urgency.
- Maintain accurate headcount for facility and hire accordingly.
- Initiate and administer all transactions including but not limited to status changes, promotions, wage changes and terminations for all non-exempt employees within the HRIS - Workday.
- Maintain a climate of positive employee relations through the administration of in-plant communications programs, wellness programs, and adequate employee facilities.
- Backup Payroll Specialist when needed including payroll processing and maintaining the time and attendance system.
- Compliance with local, state, federal and company policies and requirements.
- Secure proper tools for each task
- Communicate suggestions and recommend solutions to problems to provide for an efficient operation
- Approach work assignments in a positive manner and function as a team member
- Perform other assignments as may be requested
- Requires Bachelor degree in related discipline, or equivalent.
- Three to five years of experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
- Experience with Workday or HRIS system
- Business Acumen - Basic understanding
- Analytical Thinking - Working experience
- Establishing and Maintaining Trust - Working experience
- Communication - Working experience
- HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES, STRATEGIES AND ENVIRONMENT - Basic understanding
Required Skills and Education
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)