The individual performs this task has the responsibility of incorporating core assembly into coil assembly to form a complete transformer to be ready for functional testing prior to varnish and final assembly. Ability to perform simple to complex mechanical assemblies per engineering drawing with minimum supervision.
1. Performs core assembly per work instruction and engineering drawing.
2. Responsible for making sure that the completed core assembly is free from irregular sharp edges that could cut through coil form of the coil assembly.
3. Installs coil assemblies onto core assembly using mounting hardware and associated fabricated parts per assembly drawing and making sure that required electrical clearances between coil and core are maintained.
4. Ability to communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her supervisors and/or design engineers.
5. Responsible for the accuracy of time charging on job performed.
6. Responsible for keeping his or her work area clean and well organized.
7. Complies with company's safety rules and regulations.
8. Performs other duties assigned by management.
High School diploma or GED. One year certificate from college or technical school desired. Must have 2-5 years related transformer production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
Positions require U.S. citizenship only