To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7400 Squire Court
West Chester Township, OH 45069
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Assistant District General Manager
CORT • West Chester Township, OH
Posted 1 month ago
CORT is a Berkshire Hathaway Company that has been in business since 1971. We are one of the country’s leading service providers to businesses and individuals in transition. CORT is the world’s leading provider of furniture rental, tradeshow and event furnishings, and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the U.S. and in the UK. As an organization, CORT's greatest assets are
the more than 2,000 employees working nationwide.
Today, CORT has more than 100 showrooms, clearance centers and distribution facilities across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and a Global Network of partners servicing more than 70 countries around the world.
CORT is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, helping millions of individuals and more than 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies with their event and relocation needs making a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
Must be able to relocate after 12 monthsResponsibilities
- Work within national and Group rental operations policies, develop, recommend and implement overall district operating plans and budgets. Presents final budgets to the Executive Staff for final revisions and approval. Develops, implements and monitors sound marketing, merchandising and sales plans, including showroom display, advertising, promotions and outside sales.
- Directs administrative operations, Clearance Center sales activities;
- Directs inventory controls, warehousing, and delivery operations
- Directs the processes involved in business organizational planning, coordination, and execution
Must be a hands on manager/leader of our operations team members. Both external-delivery manager team members, and inside warehouse team members
- Must be able to manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- Determines how monies will be spent to get work done
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise
- Directs staffing, salary administration, evaluations, and benefit admin
- Makes sales and sales maintenance calls
- Ensures employee compliance with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices
- Plans and directs the profitable growth of the district operation. Manages all district operating functions including residential and commercial rental sales, retail sales, general administration, and warehouse and delivery operations. Develops strategic plans and strategies to align business to company initiatives while maximizing growth potential.
- 4 year college degree with 6 + years work experience;
- 10 years related work experience without degree
- Excellent communication and reasoning skills, computer proficiency and account development and management skills;
- P&L experience
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal customers,
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen;
- Must have valid state driver’s license and safe driving record;
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must regularly talk or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
*Must be able to relocate after 12 monthsAdditional Information
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salaries with position specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
This is a fast paced and exciting environment to join.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.