The Cost Accountant will be responsible for providing accurate full standard product costs for all Bimeda North American divisions. The Cost Accountant will evaluate profitability, identify manufacturing variances and develop corrective recommendations in order to assist in timely completion of month-end close activities and reporting requirements. The Cost Accountant will also be accountable for the ongoing analysis of the standard costing process and the impact on margin and manufacturing variances.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the individual in this role will work as a member of the finance team to establish departmental and company objectives. Additional responsibilities in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and review product BOMs, routings and costing.
- Prepare what-if product costing.
- Performance reporting on direct labor, volumes, overhead, actual versus budget.
- Close and monitor production work orders
- Assist with Budget preparation for standard costing.
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and manufacturing variance reports.
- Oversight and control of inventory transactions and cycle counts
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
The ideal candidate should have a finance/accounting background and experience working within a manufacturing environment. The individual in this role should be able to quickly process information and make decisions accordingly in order to hit the ground running. This individual should also feel comfortable handling multiple projects and tasks and be able to mitigate potential problems and issues that may arise. Experience in the following activities and/or technologies will also be a key factor to success:
- QAD ERP Application experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Perform Cost Estimate
Reconcile Physical Inventory