To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Audio Visual Engineer I
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • McLean, VA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Audio Visual Engineer I
PenFed is hiring an Audio/Visual Engineer I at our headquarters in McLean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to provide management and technical support of enterprise infrastructure systems, services and applications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to monitoring, incident response / resolution, maintenance, security compliance and upgrades.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide escalated technical support for integrated audiovisual and unified communications systems
- Analyze, design, develop and deliver solutions for video collaboration and digital display platforms
- Contribute to policy setting and implementation with regard to the video and voice infrastructure
- Maintain and upgrade video collaboration tools and infrastructure in accordance with established processes and procedures
- Program and commission Crestron Fusion systems
- Work cross-functionally between Operations, engineering teams, and end-user support teams on escalated incidents and problems
- Contribute and develop communication materials, service and operational level agreements, internal specifications documents, project planning documents, end-user communication and other written forms necessary to manage a service
- Understand and track industry trends, standards, current technologies, and policies and be able to articulate the effects of these trends in our Video, and Unified Communication services
- Provide technical support for enterprise systems. Troubleshoot, repair and recover from basic hardware or software failures in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Perform routine operational tasks, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems, and key processes. Review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform systems related maintenance such as hardware rebooting, patching, backups, snapshots, health monitoring, hardware/software asset management, software distribution and server decommissioning.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining systems, application software and system management tools.
- Maintain the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Interact with senior engineers to identify areas of improvement for operational efficiency.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical personnel within and across PenFed departments and vendors.
- Comply with Incident Management and Change Management procedures and reporting practices.
- Participate in on-call 24x7 support as needed in the event of system outage or failure.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, combination of education and a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience is required that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all the essential job functions.
- Basic understanding of Network, Compute, Storage, and End-User technologies
- Experience in troubleshooting Global Telecom Technologies such as LAN/WAN, Video Conferencing, Audio platforms
- Experience in Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management within ITIL framework
- Experience with Polycom RealPresence Platform, Skype for Business, Crestron Fusion and Video Collaboration tools such as BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, Webex etc.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710.