To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boise, ID
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Network Engineer-Data Center
Xylem • Boise, ID
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative and smart technology solutions to the world’s water and energy utility challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. With its November 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics to its portfolio of solutions for water, gas and electric utilities. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2016 revenue of $3.8 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands. The Company’s nearly 16,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus DataCenter Operations is seeking a Senior Network Engineer responsible for designing and managing our enterprise LAN, Internet and WAN environment. This job role demands knowledge of LAN, WAN and Routing Technologies like BGP, MPLS, VPN, QoS, Cisco hardware, Cisco IOS, NxOS, 1kV, and virtualized networking. Cisco UCS knowledge is a plus. CCNP or CCNP equivalent skill is required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility supporting, designing and implementing technology for large enterprise network infrastructure across 3 datacenters.
- Implement business and customer requirements into solid and stable network infrastructure solutions.
- Troubleshoot VPN, network and firewall issues
- Working on migration projects and maintain list of current projects/tasks
- Keep up-to-date diagrams of network topology and connections at all sites
- Take part in the analysis and evaluation of vendor supplied software and hardware products
- Execute projects and tasks independently and with limited direct supervision
- Evaluate networking technologies, software, systems, and services to develop technical solutions, keep abreast of vendor products and services commercially available in the marketplace.
- Develop and generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, resulting documents and drawings, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture meeting client needs.
- Determine methods and procedures to be implemented and used on the most complex new technologies to enhance performance.
- BE / BS in Math, Engineering or Information Technology
- CCNP/CCIE or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a support, design & implementation role on supporting a large heterogeneous enterprise virtual and physical network infrastructure
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting complex network infrastructure in LAN/WAN environment with expertise in Routers, Switches, and Firewalls/
- Preferred experience in load balancers, Cisco UCS, and other network technologies.
- Should have a high degree of competency in technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, VPLS, QoS, Multicast, STP, 10GigE, GigE, 10/100 Ethernet, T1, DS3, GTM, LTM, DNS, Application Firewalls etc.
- Adequate project management skills and ability to manage time and complex tasks
- Good knowledge of global carriers
- Working knowledge of datacenter design and configuration trends
- Must have documentation skills and be proficient with MS Visio
- Active in pursuing learning opportunities
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with highly complex technical problems
- Experience with direct customer interaction with the client as a technology partner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community and ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel