To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairborn, OH 45324
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Systems Engineer
Alion Science and Technology Corporation • Fairborn, OH
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As an expert in the systems engineering discipline, possesses and applies a superior degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness to the completion of projects of major complexity. Must have achieved recognized standing in a professional field through original contribution. Conducts highly complex systems engineering projects providing highly advanced research, development, design, analysis, production, implementation, and consultation. Frequently develops data which goes beyond the existing boundaries of information in a given field.
Work across organizations in support of program development and technical execution on technically complex high impact programs. Sets technical direction and conducts execution oversight for high visibility technically complex programs. Applies expert knowledge of scientific practices and principles in formulating or approving technical applications in broad areas of assignment. Maintains a liaison role on technical matters with staff and customers and acts independently to uncover and resolve problems associated with the development and implementation of operational programs. Plans Research & Development programs and advocates technological application programs to achieve long-range objectives.
Advise senior management on challenging technical issues, assures the use of senior technical resources across the organization on multi-disciplinary problems, and provides technical guidance and leadership to senior management, program, and technical staff. Establishes peer groups of senior technical staff to periodically review technical plans, results, and work products from the organization. Has significant latitude for independent action and decision.
The target position supports an innovative program to help the Army access insights and technologies from the start-up community. This position includes analysis of Army capability gaps, reframing of gaps in language suitable to accessing start-up technologies, assessing insights and technology concepts from the start-up community and others, working with start-ups to help integrate their capabilities with appropriate government and defense industry capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and performs highly complex and advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation in support of system development, engineering analysis and research for multiple programs. Originates and applies new and unique engineering methods and procedures.
- Determine the company position on technical issues collectively with senior engineering staff members; Serves as the senior technical authority in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes in areas of expertise. Advises the technical staff in developing appropriate approaches to complex or technically difficult tasks. In sensitive and critical matters, reviews and discusses the work of the technical staff to assure the technical accuracy of documentation describing a problem, the analysis, the conclusion, and the resulting recommendation.
- Prepare and presents briefings to sponsors on unique technical contributions planned, in progress, or projected in Alion's support to the contract.
- Conduct briefings with staff to communicate state-of-the-art developments in areas relevant to the contract.
- Perform business development activities and may interface directly with senior level customer management. Works with senior management, engineers, and customer on all technical and scientific matters relating to company obligations.
- Is a recognized authority across multiple areas of expertise, as evidenced by an appropriate bibliography of reports, scientific papers, designs, and/or patents. Represents the company in outside discussions and technical forums.
- Has experience working with technologies coming from government labs and engineering centers, defense industry, and commercial industry. Is intimately familiar with these organizations, how they operate, and how to work with them in an integrated fashion.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures, including quality assurance and security procedures in the performance of duties. Establishes and monitors standards for internal quality programs. Provides recommendations for improvements to existing quality systems or applicable company procedures and guidelines.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree plus 15 or more years of relevant work experience. Doctorate degree preferred. Degree(s) must be in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Project/program engineering experience.
- Data analytics experience.
- Experience working with the start-up community strongly preferred.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for comparable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Expert knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
Expert knowledge of the related tools, equipment, hardware, and software.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.