Responsible at the Region level for facilitating appropriate patient transfers into SSM Health from other healthcare facilities, physician offices and clinics.
* Practices in customer centric Transfer Center, responsible for facilitating, tracking and documenting all hospital transfers.
* Responds to phone calls quickly, demonstrating good customer service skills and manages the call queue, maintains composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
* Collaborates with the appropriate facility based on services required, geography, facility capacity/capability, and obtains appropriate medical and administrative approvals.
* Follows specific protocols, policies, and utilizes established resources demonstrating an understanding of the program requirements including regulatory requirements for Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA).
* Relays information concerning the medical condition of the patient and the estimated time of arrival, to prepare physicians and facilities to receive patients, this includes working collaboratively with patient placement and other team members ensuring appropriate patient admission and placement and to implement plan of care.
* Uses problem solving skills, combined with established department processes to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physician, and the hospital.
* Enters and maintains accurate database of information for transferred patients. Accurately documents and monitors all activities associated with the transfer from the initial physician referral to inpatient admission and patient placement.
* Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge and relationships of hospitals' medical staff, services, and special programs, as well as with participating affiliate and rural partners for SSM Health.
* As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* Five years registered nurse experience in acute care hospital setting
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Rare climbing.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Critical Care
- Customer Service
- Data Entry