Travel to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab and satellite locations required.
The Language Interpreter is responsible for providing interpretation services to patients, family members throughout the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab System of Care, including travel to satellite locations throughout the Chicagoland area.
The Language Interpreter will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Language Interpreter will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Language Interpreter - Registry will:
- Provide interpretation for patients, caregivers throughout the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab System of Care to ensure patients receive full benefit of treatment.
- Translate clinical and procedural documents by providing an oral translation into the language of the patient.
- Translate written documents.
- Assist employees in understanding cultural differences and how language barriers may impact patient care.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making
- Customer Service
- Language Translation
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Complex Problem Solving