Our client is a rapidly growing retailer providing bulk food products and equipment to independent restaurants, bars, and caterers and we are partnering with them on a Director of Operations role based out of the Chicago metro.
The Director of Operations is responsible for leading the existing retail sites and the opening of new locations in addition to managing the staff and processes for their region. We are looking for a highly intelligent leader than can leverage analytics to identify areas of improvement for each store. It is also essential for the Director of Operations to be able to attract and retain talent. The organization is looking for a leader who can make an immediate impact with the potential to become a VP of Operations within 12-24 months.
Director of Operations Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the P&L in the millions of dollars and multiple retail locations (at least 10 or more) across an assigned geographic territory.
- Use analytical and strategic decision making skills to maximize store location profitability by identifying areas to change product offerings to match the local market demands.
- Understand the local labor market to attract and retain talent.
- Provide oversight to the opening of new locations. Understand the local market to drive the location to profitability within the first year.
- Provide mentorship to the local Store Managers.
- Ensure maximum levels of customer satisfaction by maintaining relationships with key customers and driving process adherence.
- Create strategies to drive cost reduction that are in alignment with business objectives.
- Minimize inventory loss by identifying inconsistencies, performing root cause analysis, and implementing necessary changes to eliminate future occurrences.
Director of Operations Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, Management, or a related field is required.
- Must have previous experience managing at least five retail or wholesale locations simultaneously.
- Demonstrable success in leveraging analytics and continuous improvement processes to improve store performance.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% domestically.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: BHJOB23219_1562367
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
The goal of Lucas Group is to be North America’s premier executive recruiting firm in assisting mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and our associates (recruiters) find professional fulfillment and financial success.
Lucas Group is transforming the recruiting industry. Our objective is to be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs. We will surround you with meaningful attention and create long-term relationships with our clients, candidates, and associates.
We add economic value and waste neither time nor money. We strive to be a sophisticated, reliable, and trusted recruitment consultant.
Lucas Group culture and methodologies drive superior business results. No one else is approaching executive recruitment the way we are. No one else is thinking about it the way we are. No one else is executing it the way we are. We continue to redefine the executive recruiting experience through the use of market data, analytics, and consistent and candid communication.
Lucas Group began in 1970 in Atlanta, GA as a small, one-man business with the important vision of helping military personnel transition to the civilian workforce after honorably completing their military service.
Today, Lucas Group has evolved into the premier recruiting firm in North America. With 15 locations nationwide, strategic partnerships with recruiting firms in Canada and Europe, and deep experience in a wide range of industries, Lucas Group has earned a reputation for unparalleled customer service and bottom line results.