Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Sargent and Lundy is currently looking for a qualified Project Controls and Scheduling Associate for our Englewood, Colorado office, with hybrid flexibility to work part of the week remotely. The Project Controls and Scheduling Specialist will interface with project team leadership and stakeholders to coordinate project controls and project management functions throughout the project lifecycle in support of nuclear power plant modification scopes of work. The role will provide an opportunity to understand and develop solutions to meet Project Management needs and Client requirements for the successful execution of projects. Using a variety of industry and proprietary software tools, and under the direction of project leadership, you will perform the following tasks:
- Understand S&L and client procedures and processes, and ensure project team work products are in compliance.
- Implement project controls and project management tools and methodology.
- Assemble supporting data and documentation in response to project team and client requests.
- Support contract processing and new project setup.
- Analyze data and build reports to support project monitoring and decision making.
- Perform CPI/SPI calculations using earned value principles.
- Monitor and forecast budgets in accordance with a work breakdown structure (WBS) accounting system.
- On an ongoing basis, develop and maintain detailed project schedules, including resource loading labor hours to schedule activities.
- Expand knowledge and continuous improvement of Project Controls and Project Management best practices and deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Cost management, forecasting, cost analysis and reporting
- Progress tracking, construction readiness tracking, risk identification and mitigation
- Schedule development, maintenance, analysis, schedule reporting
- Contract requisition and purchase order tracking, invoice and payment application management, and accrual allocation
- Coordinate with project management to organize, report and present project financials, schedule status, risks and mitigation plans, contract backlogs, project status, and staffing plans.
- Communicate variances against monthly work plan projections, monitor performances against the plan, and develop recovery plans when applicable.
- Ensure appropriate metrics are defined and communicated to project management and client leadership.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client offices or site locations, as required.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor of science degree from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission-approved program with a strong academic background, preferably with an emphasis in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Computer Skills: Working knowledge in MS Office tools, with emphasis on the advanced use of MS Excel in creating and maintaining detailed, interactive spreadsheets, workbooks, and databases
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to interact and multitask with project team members, clients, and vendors of varying position levels
- Motivation: Eager to cultivate program and project knowledge to make a valuable impact to the PMO team operation. Willing to engage with others to understand PMO team and client needs.
- Detail-Oriented: Committed to deliver high quality, accurate deliverables with attention to detail
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Related engineering internship, co-op, or work experience, which includes project controls, project planning, project scheduling, and earned value performance, preferably within the power industry
- Proficiency in project scheduling, cost engineering, and project controls methods and tools
- Familiarity with scheduling software, preferably Primavera P6 or MS Project
- Familiarity with finance and accounting systems
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
$68,681 - $76,106
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Insurance \u2013 Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Business Travel Insurance
- Savings Investment Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- First Professional Licensure Monetary Award
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Benefits
- Back-Up Care for Children & Adults
- Merit Scholarship Program
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Receivable
- Accrual Accounting
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail