Phlebotomist II - Clifton, NJ - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00am-4:30 Wednesday 8:00am-1:00pm (Rotational Saturday)
*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required – unvaccinated individuals will be subject to regular testing
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT
- 15 PTO days first year
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems, Client contact, and approved tools.
- Ability to navigate a computer and accurately enter data is a requirement to be successful in this role.
- Obtain identification and accurately enter billing information and collect payments when required, following corporate policies.
- Processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, aliquoting, freezing and preparing for transport as required by test order.
- Perform all non-patient facing duties, including inventory, stock supplies, sanitizing, filing, answering phones and utilizing email as appropriate.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Assist with compilation and submission of statistics and data when required.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete online and in person training courses timely.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
Required Work Experience:
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
- Computer Keyboards
- Data Entry