The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations with established Benchmark policies and procedures. The Food Services Director will direct these duties to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews menus prior to preparation of food
* Performs administrative duties such as completing forms, reports, etc.
* Assures all dietary procedures are followed
* Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment safely and effectively. Equipment may include: meat slicer, food processor, mixers, ovens, grills, steamers, dishwasher, dumb waiter, warmer cabinets.
* Organizes walk-in freezer, storeroom, kitchen tables, and counters
* Assists in establishing food production line to assure meals are prepared on time
* Represents the community with a positive attitude and pride when interacting with potential residents and families
* Prepares and serves nutritious meal and ensures high quality presentation and flavorful meals for our residents.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Culinary Arts training a plus
* 2 years dietary experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must be able to interact effectively with residents and staff.
* Must be able to work effectively with residents and personnel.
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
* Must have knowledge of dietary procedures, was well as related laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to food service operations.
* Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
* Lift up to 50lbs
* This is primarily a standing position where an employee may be required to stand in one place for extended periods of time. They also will be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures.
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!
Maintain Clean Work Environment