At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Digital hardware design, software development / verification / validation, network design and configuration, analytical modeling, software hazards analysis, FMEA, and human factors engineering
- Instrument uncertainty setpoint calculations
- Familiarity with instrument specifications, instrument data sheets, calibration sheets
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID’s, schematics, ladder logic
- Familiarity with Distributed Control Systems, HMI, and PLC applications
- Familiarity with EMI/RFI analysis
- Familiarity with Cyber Security requirements and solutions
- Specialized instrument system and component knowledge (e.g. NI’s/radiation monitors/DEHC/cameras/security, et. al.)
- Understanding of license basis considerations (UFSAR, Technical Specifications) and regulatory requirements (e.g., Reg. Guide 1.97) as they intersect with instrumentation
- Occasionally work in the field assisting on shut-downs, startups, commissioning, and maintenance projects.
- Work with staff on the estimating and bidding of new projects
Possessesspecialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimalsupervisory review. Performs engineering tasks independently and activelyimparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineer2B. Must be able to manage and implement engineering analysis and technicalprograms. Has wide latitude to make technical decisions withinaccountabilities.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant’s physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- B. S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years’ engineering experience
- 5 or more years’ solid performance with last two in top half of Engr 2 band
- Demonstration of FLS competencies
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]
Programmable Logic Controllers
Distributed Control Systems
Human Computer Interaction