Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
We're looking for a Senior Director, Product Management of Core Platform to lead a talented group of product managers. This position will report directly to the SVP, Platform within Optum Digital.
This role is remote - preferred locations are Chicago, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Washington, DC
We value collaboration heavily; you'll work closely with other group leaders in Product to execute on large-scale projects and to help set the standards & processes that drive all of Platform Product. You'll also work cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, and business leaders/teams to support critical enterprise initiatives.
We seek a software product management leader with proven experience building great software experiences for consumers and business users. A great candidate will partner with business (P&L) leaders to define/design industry-leading solutions and ensure alignment with business and product plans (e.g., capital/funding commitments, capabilities, functional impacts, cross-functional roles). This leader will manage both a team of direct reports and the activity of matrixed engineering teams to deliver software products.
- Support product managers working on agile, cross-functional teams to build the future of Core Product capabilities-including authentication, authorization, eligibility, population segmentation, and content management
- Work via scrum process with super motivated engineers, project managers and QA
- Collaborate with engineering teams to aid in development/architecting of scalable solutions and determine cross-functional dependencies
- Own and manage end-to-end lifecycle for multiple product portfolios from ideation, to initial development, through deployment and ongoing product operations and user support-products will typically be designed for technical users and/or healthcare subject matter experts
- Recruit, retain, and grow the best talent across the globe and inspire the team to deliver great, scalable products and build towards a long-term vision
- Make pragmatic trade-off decisions on resourcing and priority
- Work with the rest of Platform product leadership on cross-team initiatives, both cultural and technical
- Deliver ongoing releases on time and budget, and ensure capabilities continue to operate at or above metric goals to deliver target financial performance
- Own, measure, and improve the technical performance and user experience metrics associated with the portfolio
- Improve user experience by leveraging feedback from support and key partners and clients
- Define cross Optum Digital product capabilities and drive adoption of UnitedHealth Group enterprise products
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand unmet needs, develop requirements, prioritize features, translate to the roadmap, and represent the voice of the customer in all planning and development discussions and decisions
- Understand business objectives, challenges, and competitive pressures of key business stakeholders to recommend software investments
- Create and communicate the business cases for investment priorities, and support the related annual and ongoing budgeting process
- Drive and manage buy-in, trust, and adoption of extensible software capabilities for internal users and their customers
- Communicate roadmaps, status, strategic, and tactical plans to facilitate decision-making with the business unit leaders and other partners
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experienced Leadership to align diverse business stakeholders on a roadmap that amalgamates short-term needs with longer-term considerations to deliver scalable platform products with long-term value for growth
- People management experience, including managing other managers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, data statistics, financial planning, or similar fields.
- Proven successful track record of 10+ years industry experience being a product owner for highly scalable web applications and services
- Experience building highly scalable applications, serving millions of users and hundreds of transactions per second
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Worked with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Flume etc.
- Experience with B2B2C product authentication and authorization of users
- Healthcare experience
- Advanced knowledge of Splunk, Datadog, Adobe Analytics
- Ability to travel multiple times per year
- Understand REST protocols, Authentication/Authorization protocols, and web services
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Director Product Management, Core Platform, Washington, DC, District of Columbia