To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pryor, OK 74361
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
National Gypsum • Pryor, OK
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The purpose of this position is to assure sustainability and continuous improvement of plant operations and facilities which includes proper installation of new equipment at facilities to provide a safe, efficient and cost effective operation.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Plan and direct activities of outside contractors ensuring timely completion of capital projects.
- Assist in planning and directing preventive operation efforts to meet Mill Key Performance Indicators and preventative maintenance efforts.
- Troubleshoot electrical/mechanical failures and develop solutions.
- Develop and implement strategies for process control technology upgrades.
- Evaluate production problems and plant equipment recommending solutions and equipment to be purchased to Plant Manager.
- Evaluate production processes related to plant equipment and procedures, recommend and actively support steps to make positive changes.
- Update and implement methods, materials, and processes to optimize operator control including current best run settings and basic care.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking and reporting on key operation parameters.
- Responsible for Environmental, fire system and pressure vessel compliance and coordination of contractor testing, reporting and permit maintenance.
- Support staffing needs during outages and weekend call rotation.
- Assist in preparation of capital budget by recommending specific projects, preparing appropriation requests, and obtaining competitive prices and/or bids.
- Prepare annual facility audit to assess the physical condition fo buildings, grounds, and equipment. Estimate expenditures involved, determine implementation timeframe and set the priority of each project.
- Analyze new equipment for possible application to manufacturing process.
- Engineering degree required. Preferably Mechanical or Electrical
- Two years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Strong competency in mechanical aptitude and data interpretation.
- Competency in PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of industrial electricity (power distribution, motor controls, etc.)
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, possess leadership and training skills, and have a high level of energy effectively contributing to overall team.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position.