To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3838 Vogel Road
Arnold, MO 63010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Developer (TS/SCI)
General Dynamics Information Technology • Arnold, MO
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We currently have a vacancy for a Software Developer/Programmer supporting the Source Directorate in Arnold, MO. Candidates must have experience with Java, Web development, scripting, and Oracle & SQL database experience.
Candidate conducts design and development of software, determination of interfaces, and technical feasibility analysis. Coordinates and performs requirements and implementation analysis, design, development, testing and enhancement of application software. Coordinates and/or performs integration of COTS and other existing code. Candidate will be responsible for the creation of a database that will facilitate the tracking of maps, charts, and digital products that are produced across multiple offices. The database will track inventories, funding, production schedules, and storage requirements across multiple Source production offices.
Additionally, the candidate will:
- Assist office staff with scripting duties to facilitate the dissemination of standard and non-standard geospatial intelligence data
- Create databases or tools to aid in the automation of disseminating GEOINT.
- Create a database using Oracle or other software package as defined by the program office
- Develop a user friendly web interface to capture customer inputs
- Generate the Intent to Publish biweekly report
- Attend Production Management Working Group weekly meetings
- Coordinate with each Production Office and the Defense Logistics Agency to acquire production and reporting requirements
- Obtain appropriate network permissions to establish database on multiple domains
- Generate reports in multiple formats and post reports online
- Translate customer needs into vetted requirements
- Maintain product XML and RSS data, as required
- Provide weekly status to management detailing activities and accomplishments
- Maintain customer database and contact information
- Maintain customer surveys and report results to office staff
- Conduct web authoring duties, as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.Qualifications
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (math, science, engineering or other technical discipline desired) or the equivalent within related field.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 8 - 10 years of related experience.
- Experience developing, modifying or configuring moderately complex software application form detailed specifications.
- Experience working on most phases of application programming activities, independent of supervisory guidance.
- Thorough knowledge of database development.
- Experience with relational databases such as: Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, Visual Basic, Visual Basic.Net, and SQL Server.
- Thorough knowledge of web design principles.
- Proficiency with web publishing software and protocols (FTP, HTTP).
- Experience with SQL and CGI scripting.
- Experience defining style guides used across an organization.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with NI 8955.5R5 NGA Instruction for Preparing NGA Web Pages
- Familiarity with NI 8010.2R7, Instruction for Information System Security and Training
- Familiarity with DCIS 6/6 and DCIS 6/7
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #ISDCJ #Dpost