is an essential business to our customers and communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. This position is immediately
available and we are actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this
role. Please apply today. We are committed to the health and safety of our associates,
candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include
increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are required, we are
practicing social distancing. You can learn more about our company approach on
our main company career page Gopenske.com.
What’s the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift and fuel your career as a CDL Class A/No Touch Freight Truck Driver for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time. We’re proud to move freight for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment, great management, clear communication and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for Penske.
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for delivering machine parts to customers in the Chambersburg, Shippensburg, and McConnellsburg area. This position requires strapping and tarping the load.
• Shift: Monday through Friday. 2nd or 3rd shift with some weekend work available. Most drivers average about 10 hours per day.
• Equipment: 2017-2018 Freightliner and Volvo (mostly automatic) 53' van, 53' Conestoga curtain-side trailer or 48' Conestoga curtain-side trailer.
• Compensation: Average $55k to $60k per year. Hourly pay with time and half after 40 hours of work a week.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly.
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
• Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route.
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer.
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home weekly
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities