We are currently seeking a highly motivated Environmental Remediation Engineer
, who has a a strong network within the industry and ability to translate those relationships into wining work; and demonstrated experience in leading significant projects. You will have a positive relationship based approach, and enjoy playing a leading role in the commercial success of the group. We are seeking a strong technical lead based out of our Southern California office in Irvine or Long Beach, CA. Requirements:
- The right candidate will provide technical leadership on soil and water investigation and remediation projects, client and project management, and manage and mentor staff. Qualified individuals should have a strong history managing clients, and a strong current network of contacts in California.
Business development responsibilities will include identifying opportunities at existing and new clients, making presentations, attending local association meetings, and scoping projects.The position requires project management experience managing contaminant investigation and remediation projects
The selected individual will be responsible for project planning and corrective action planning, execution of selected remedy, including the development of conceptual designs, work plans, reports, permits, proposals, and construction management including setting budgets, project planning and scheduling, materials procurement, equipment selection, invoicing and cost control. Additional responsibilities include:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Conduct business development and marketing efforts to strategically support and grow the environmental assessment and remediation practices
- Proposal preparation, including estimating work scope and price, and presentation process and managing client relations with key accounts
- Strong client and project management experience as well as supervisory experience in mentoring team members in their technical and career development
- Design, evaluate, and implement site remediation programs (AS/SVE, DPE, ISCO, etc.)
- Oversee and manage projects with local, State, or Federal agency oversight from concept to completion
- Ensure production of high quality technical work plans and reports with a focus on accuracy, clarity and QA/QC - Ensure quality client services, and clarity of work products and projects while promoting and integrating company wide initiatives and values
- Prepare and manage budgets and schedules to meet the clients goals and expectations
- Coordinate closely with senior personnel throughout the West Coast to ensure consistency in staff management and advancement, work implementation, marketing and client development, and consistency with company business goals and needs
- Maintaining a high profile externally and through membership/ attendance in industry functions to build, maintain and expand strong relationships with clients, regulating agencies, and municipalities
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and GHD’s SMART Health & Safety program to support a safe work environment for all
Our commitment to you
- B.S. degree and a minimum of 10 years of environmental engineering experience
- California P.E. with demonstrated soil and groundwater assessment and remediation experience
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training (current)
- Strong project management, detail-oriented, organization, and strong time management and technical skills
- Highly motivated with excellent technical writing and documentation skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experienced in material/services procurement, subcontracting, request-for-proposal response, proposal development and associated negotiations
- Capable of producing high quality products on schedule and within budgets
- Knowledge of current and emerging California groundwater policies and procedures
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the apply link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Environmental Resource Management
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)