FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Take the first step in getting a better job today by pursuing a career with Village Shalom and expand with us? We are currently seeking an energetic, professional, detail oriented and customer-centered entry-level maintenance helper. This is an overnight shift 6p-2a M-F.
Village Shalom is one of the top not-for-profit continuing-care retirement communities in the region. We’ve been around for more than a hundred years because we hire, train and keep the best team in the city. We offer competitive wages and a benefits package with excellent insurance, retirement savings plan and paid time off. We have industry-high employee retention rates because we really care about our employees. With a caring, family environment and unrivaled employee satisfaction – you’ll have all the resources you need to be successful.
Our campus is under a major expansion construction project that will add 76 independent living apartment residences; a Main Street common area with dining, service and entertainment amenities; a free-standing 48-residence Household Model memory care community; 24 boutique-style short-term rehabilitation suites and a state-of-the-art therapy gym. It seems like every day there's something new going on around the campus with a lot set to move forward in the upcoming months.
This full time position is Mon-Fri, flexible hours between 7am-5pm M-F with the possibility of occasional weekends and is eligible for benefits after satisfying eligibility requirements. This position would perform maintenance duties while meeting or exceeding Village Shalom service standards and will report to the Facilities Manager and interface with other members of the department, residents, family, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies and Village Shalom staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Idyllic candidate will
• complete assigned work orders by performing general building maintenance and repairs
• complete preventative maintenance on equipment and premises
• assist in stocking, unloading and delivery of supplies
• assist with maintaining security of property
• assists with room set ups
• assist with resident relocation within the campus
• assist vendors during preventative maintenance or repair
• maintain clean work environment
• perform other reasonable tasks as assigned
• will be required to successfully pass background and drug screenings
*Retention Bonus is paid out in increments of 30, 60, and 90 days and the final payout is given on your 1 year anniversary.