Our office is located at 210 Westwood Place Brentwood, TN 37027. Employees will be required to work 2 days onsite and 3 days from home.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, analysts, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why Is This Role Critical?
The naviHealth Sr. Manager, Central Support will be responsible for all functions inclusive of day-to-day and long-term operational success. This leader is responsible for delivering support service to our core service lines and include Central Support Operations Coordinators (CSOC’s), Letters CSOC’s, Appeals CSOC’s, MDS CSOC’s an IB/OB and Portal CSOC’s. This role is responsible for operational oversight and strategic planning for the Department with the primary directive of delivering service level excellence to our clients and internal stakeholders. The Sr. Manager is responsible for delivering targeted quality and production metrics at both the enterprise and contract level. In addition to delivering service level excellence, the Sr. Manager is responsible for ensuring all processes are governed under internal and external Compliance and regulatory mandates. To maintain a compliant (regulatory and internal) operational environment, the Sr. Manager must demonstrate complete understanding of policy, process, and procedure and is responsible for the maintenance of the same. The Sr. Manager will ensure that all policy, process, and procedure is reflective of the organization’s mission and goals. Furthermore, in partnership with Human Resources and Learning and Development, the growth and cultural assimilation of the colleague base is a core pillar of this role. Inclusive to this is the ownership of employee appreciation activities as well as promotional direction/career growth. Finally, the Sr. Manager, with guidance from leadership, is responsible for driving an efficient and effective Department that operates within budgetary and fiscal parameters as set by leadership.
This position is full-time Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 210 Westwood Place, Brentwood, TN 37027.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Directs day-to-day operations, monitoring Manager(s) and application of staffing to ensure core needs are serviced and managed.
- Provides consistent leadership development for all departmental Manager(s).
- Ensures all colleague base is properly trained in all current and future relevant functions of the roles while delivering supplementary and ongoing coaching/training as needed for development.
- Collaborates with the Quality & Training Leader to identify need and deliver ample colleague education to improve Departmental performance.
- Provides and reviews monthly dashboards, quarterly reports, and other reports as needed to ensure SLAs are within contractual and organizational standards.
- Ensures that quality, performance and productivity standards are met by the Department to gain maximum efficiency and optimum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all contractual SLAs are being met real-time and escalates issues that may negatively impact SLAs to Director
- Develops relationships with key internal and external customers such as Clinical Team Managers, client key contacts and other operational leaders.
- Maintains multiple functions at or above company SLA’s and Contractual Agreements
- Owner of all client processes and ultimately responsible for queues and work folders, and specific contract requirements that impact the function of their assigned associate roles.
- Ensures standard processes are appropriately documented, distributed, and implemented and updated as required.
- Drives process and policy change protocols to ensure new/changing policies are appropriately documented, approved and distributed.
- Adheres to and demonstrates knowledge about all applicable contract requirements for service delivery, data integrity and privacy, along with NCQA standards and CMS regulatory requirements.
- Identifies areas for service delivery opportunities and ensures execution of department and market process improvement initiatives.
- Provides subject area expertise during new contract implementation process and ensures effective delivery for new clients.
- Develops and leads agenda for periodic departmental management and staff meetings.
- Secures electronic medical record access and health plan portal access from clients as needed.
- Drives the naviHealth culture among assigned team and department to ensure maximum associate engagement and performance.
- Attends senior leadership meetings to report on operations, metrics, customer satisfaction, utilization, and quality indicators.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships by demonstrating a collaborative effort with team members, peers, supervisors and subordinates at all times in order to identify and resolve issues in an effort to positively affect efficiency, productivity, and quality.
- Escalates issues prohibiting or restricting service standards regarding but not limited to technology, service standards, and productivity to department Director and appropriate naviHealth resources.
- Performs all other duties as requested in support of the departmental and organizational goals.
- Central Support Manager(s)
- Will have direct oversight of Supervisor(s) in the absence of a Manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 7+ years of healthcare operations or administration experience to include demonstrated leadership
- 5+ years of healthcare management experience
- Previous experience managing a team of non-exempt associates at a Manager Level
- Familiarity with federal HIPAA and CMS regulations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be available to work some weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work full time Monday – Friday between 8:00am to 5:00pm CST Monday – Friday. Candidate is required to work 2 days in office 3 days remote
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience in healthcare admissions/intake, pre-registration, or hospital operations
- Reside within commutable distance of 210 Westwood Place Brentwood, TN 37027
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Advance reporting and analytics skills to identify trends
Physical and Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in a climate controlled office environment.
naviHealth is a pioneer in post-acute care and care transitions with a combined and unprecedented 18 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scalable technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
- We care about the people we serve.
- We care about each other.
- We care about our communities.
- We embrace innovation.
- We like simple.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Central Support Operations Manager - Work From Home
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Central Support Operations Manager - Work From Home
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW