Required Security Clearance:
Potential for Teleworking:
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement:
IAT II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement:
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement:
DoD CSSP Requirement:
CSSP Infrastructure Support (CySA+, CEH, GICSP, SSCP)
Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of systems associated with the HBSS framework and product suites.
- Provide O&M support to Linux-based appliances and servers.
- Maintain the integrity and security of network devices.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Provide system administration and maintain operations of HBSS servers.
- Implement HBSS migration/compliance strategy.
- Troubleshoot HBSS product issues and outages.
- Administer ePO tree structure management.
- Administer policy catalog management.
- Coordinate ASI details and planning as needed.
- Maintain system patches, O/S, SQL, and HBSS STIG compliance.
- Resolve ePO server (O/S, ePO, or SQL) issues.
- Maintain the ePO server (automated tasks, task scheduler, database maintenance tasks, etc.).
- Maintain system documentation.
- Provide advice and training to end-users.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Participate in special projects as required
- Perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established IA standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies
- Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs
- Design, develop, implement and/or integrate IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Build IA into systems deployed to operational environments
- Assist architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application security policy and enterprise solutions
- Support the building of security architectures
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Contribute to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations
- Review certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
- Perform system installation, configuration maintenance, account maintenance, signature maintenance, patch management, and troubleshooting of operational IA and CND systems
- Apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
Skills and Tasks
- Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational.
- Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team.
- Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
Capabilities and additional Requirements
- In addition to Standard Characteristics of Labor Category, advocate and recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements.
- Monitors and suggests improvement to IA policy.
- Interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives.
- Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, including program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT interconnectivity.
- Provide expert guidance and work product evaluation to one or more security engineers that support Engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
Education and Experience
- HS/GED + 12 years
- Associates Degree + 10 years
- Bachelor’s Degree + 8 years
- Master’s Degree + 6 years
- PhD + 4 years