To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of Health Services
ExecuNet • Washington, DC
Posted 2 months ago
We are looking for a Vice President to join our Health Services group. This is the perfect role for someone who’s passionate about reputation management, media relations and digital strategy, specifically with healthcare systems. This person will act as senior client counselor and team manager for a high-profile healthcare client. Responsibilities include account planning, project management and execution and supervision of the account team. Help set and achieve client goals through participation in decision-making and problem-solving processes. Serve as the strategic liaison among client, account team, and agency management.
About the Job
- Serve as senior contact for clients, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of clients’ business; develop strategy for implementing successful client programs.
- Provide strategic guidance to clients on an ongoing basis; anticipate and address client needs.
- Troubleshoot clients’ problems as they arise; seek senior management input whenever appropriate.
- Motivate team members by promptly reviewing work and providing constructive feedback; encourage teams to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
- Help account team(s) work effectively and in the best interests of client(s); maximize agency’s network of resources to enhance client services.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing and editing materials including client media materials, byline articles, client correspondence and reports.
- Exhibit strong communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others.
- Demonstrate strategic understanding of emerging channels like social media, video, and content partnerships in relation to media mix.
- Stay current with new developments in online industry, technical advancements and innovative executions relevant to clients’ business to develop inspiring and actionable strategies.
- Successful track record at building and presenting concepts and programs for clients and new business opportunities, and effectively counseling and selling social and digital media concepts to clients.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities to define measurable objectives, assess campaign metrics, and reports.
- Balance client requirements with agency’s business imperatives and negotiate a successful outcome.
- Design and implement strategic programs and solutions, identifying and alerting teams and clients to trends.
- Use metrics and analytics to build business, provide insight and counsel to clients.
- Communicate clear, progressive direction.
- Build, lead, and develop engaged and dynamic teams.
- Take a leadership role in new business proposal development and presentations; work with account teams to build incremental business.
- Manage account financials including budget allocation and control, time sheets, client billing, supplier invoicing and purchase orders; ensure team billability and account profitability.
- Begin to build a leadership role in outside organizations to increase Company’s visibility in marketplace and create new business opportunities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field. Master’s degree in a communications field desirable.
- At least 9+ years of agency and/or health/government communications experience.
- Working knowledge and/or experience in health systems specifically Blue Plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a
- Proven track record of building new business.
- Direct experience in building and managing teams.