You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
CDL Truck Driver
Why Drive for WM?
Industry Leading Benefits │Home Every Day │Stability │Additional Perks
Join us and, together, we’ll work proud for our communities.
Hiring today, for tomorrow.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CDL Truck Driver to take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on transfer routes.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 18 years of age.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, and motor vehicle record review.
- Acceptable driving record required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Public Health Acts
- Safety Principles
- Occupational Safety And Health
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: AC11-16321_2301880
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.