Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The AVP Process Engineering will serve as a leader and trusted business partner within Chubb in identifying potential process engineering opportunities to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of Chubb business processes globally. This individual will lead and facilitate cross-functional teams to identify high impact business and operational process improvement areas and offer quality recommendations for improvement with internal and external customer focus. Leveraging proven process improvement disciplines such as Lean, Six Sigma etc., this individual will work independently under minimal supervision to perform complex process engineering assignments and process defect resolution across systems, processes and channels. The AVP will be a key resource and contributor to line of business and Operations stakeholders in the development and delivery of work products critical to goal achievement and team success. Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes knowledge of customers, products, processes and Continuous Improvement expertise to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methodology to resolve defect or issue. Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and recommends key work products.
- Assembles key participants, leads, guides and facilitates cross-functional, collaborative teams in business improvement and development initiatives using Business Process and Change Management standards to optimize the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Demonstrate good observation, analytic and communication skills and drives the end-to-end process culture. Work independently with limited direction and take ownership to drive Business Process Improvement Initiatives to completion.
- Leverage process tools such as process charts, tables, value stream mapping and work flow diagrams to assist in analyzing problems and developing solutions. Able to analyze complex problems and existing systems logic difficulties and revised the logic, processes and procedures into layman terms to prioritize business issues/opportunities.
- Provide business case justification to the identified improvement opportunities and convert into Business Process Improvement Plans & Proposals.
- Ensure adequate risk assessment and benefits are performed in every business process improvement initiatives with participation from legal/audit/compliance as needed
- Provide continuous monitoring and management reporting of ongoing Business Process Improvements initiative/projects progress and status.
- Conduct post implementation evaluation of the implemented business improvement processes and track the key deliveries, KPIs/measurements/controls for an agreed period of time to demonstrate sustainable efficiency & effectiveness
- Serves as a resource to team members and stakeholders on delivery and escalation issues. Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product and process improvement.
- Develops and implements and end to end process improvement methodology (playbooks, toolkits, frameworks etc.) and reusable process libraries for core insurance functions including Underwriting, Claims, Operations, and Finance
- Partners with Chubb’s Digital Team to drive process excellence to supplement Chubb’s Digital Strategy
- Act as a resident leader and expert on process improvement methodology within Chubb. Drive and instill a culture of continuous process improvement within Chubb
- 7+ years process improvement and/or relevant business experience in the insurance industry or financial services
- Insurance domain/industry experience is required
- BS degree or equivalent work experience required. MBA a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification required
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of LEAN Six Sigma, statistical analysis, industry tools (SIPOC, DMAIC, VOC, Process Mapping, Process Requirements) and process management principles
- Demonstrated track record leading Process Design, Re-Engineering, and Transformation projects and producing tangible outcomes using proven techniques (Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups in a matrix organization, spanning all organizational levels including collaboration across business and IT disciplines to achieve results
- Ability to collaborate and work with vendor partners to drive desired outcomes
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Must be able to participate in and support multiple re-engineering projects with competing priorities.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Six Sigma Methodology
Business Process Improvement
Lean Six Sigma
Business Process Mapping