Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
Responsible for working with management to audit mortgage loans as part of an ongoing mortgage quality control program, to ensure industry standards are met. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with management to audit mortgage loans as part of an ongoing mortgage quality control program, to ensure industry standards are met including, but not limited to:
- Targeted audits for the monthly audit report, prefunding audits, and 10% audit of the post-closing audits. These may include; TPO, underwriters, originators, processors.
- Delinquent loan review, re-verification of select information and reporting as part of the monthly audit report.
- Investor and agency audit reviews, resolution and responses.
- Assist with research, resolution, and response to investor missing document and repurchase requests.
- Monitor trends on targeted audits and delinquent loans.
- Audit delinquent loans. Ordering new credit reports, verbal verifications, and review appraisals as needed. Determine if there were red flags, evidence of potential misrepresentation or any deficiencies in the loan file. Write reports to add to the monthly closed loan audit.
- Review of all new quality requirements from investors, state and federal regulators and work with QC Manager to determine implementation of changes required to current policies and procedures.
- Work with post-closing operations to assist in resolving difficult pre-purchase conditions that may require a technical approach as time allows.
- Audit appraisals and corresponding field reviews for closed loans as needed.
- Act as a resource for underwriters, processors, and other QC team members.
- Assist with maintaining quality control logs with accurate audit results.
- Other duties and special assignments as requested by management.
Required Experience/Job Skills:
- 5-7 years underwriting experience with a variety of products including Conventional/FHA/VA.
- Knowledge of Bond products is a plus.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze data.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Meet deadline requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Moderate Computer Skills, i.e. word, excel.
- Ability to assist with training.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Product Quality Assurance