Vice President of Finance - Marketplaces
Vice President, Finance - Marketplaces
This executive will be the senior finance leader for CoStar’s online marketplace businesses, located in Atlanta, Georgia. This position will report to CoStar’s Vice President, Finance and FP&A, with a dotted line relationship to the President of Marketplaces.
This executive will provide strategic financial and operational leadership to the fast growing, $450M+ Apartments.com business, the Lands marketplace, Business for Sale marketplace and the Realla marketplace in the UK. This position will be a critical part of the Apartments management team. This position will be accountable, along with the President of Marketplaces, to insure the Marketplace businesses meet as well as exceed their financial commitments for growth and profitability. This will require the VP Finance to recruit, train and manage a high performing team, as well as leverage the broader CoStar finance network to accomplish their objectives. Most importantly, this role is a critical partner to the President of Marketplaces in managing key growth drivers of the business – including organic sales growth, new product development, geographic expansion, on-line and broadcast marketing and mergers and acquisitions. The position will be based in Atlanta with frequent travel required to CoStar’s Washington DC headquarters and other business locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing financial leadership and direction to the President of Marketplaces and the leadership teams of the marketplace businesses
- Implementing and managing metrics to insure financial and operational objectives are met
- Budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and ad hoc financial analysis
- M&A leadership including modeling, due diligence and integration of acquired companies
- Support for operational departments including sales, research, marketing and customer service
- Pricing leadership and compliance
- Support of overall CoStar initiatives including quarterly earnings releases
- Focus on continual process improvement throughout finance and other operations
- Minimum 15 years finance experience with track record increasing responsibility and career advancement in corporate finance
- Experience recruiting and leading finance teams in a fast moving, dynamic environment, preferably technology companies
- Proactive approach to identifying opportunities for improvement and coordinating resources across the organization to solve problems and implement process improvements
- Significant experience interacting with C level executive teams
- Top notch communications and presentation skills, including the ability to distill complex data into clear and actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in change leadership. High energy – inquisitive and persistent.
- Experience in all stages of mergers & acquisitions process
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, economics or related field, MBA preferred
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing