Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
Position located in Savannah, GA.
Purpose of the job:
To perform the receipt, storage, disbursement and inventory control of products at a liquid terminal. Assist in the overall operation and maintenance of terminal equipment, tanks, racks and associated pumps, piping and valves.
- Perform assorted tank farm & dock duties to direct flow of incoming and outgoing product through terminal piping to designated spots by aligning terminal valves in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform inspection on tanks, valves, associated piping and loading/unloading rack components.
- Assist and provide training or guidance to new as well as qualified transport drivers always ensuring they are abiding with all terminal rules and procedures.
- Responsible for inventory reconciliation to include gauging storage tanks accounting for product receipts, disbursements and tank transfers.
- Protect the integrity and segregation of customer product during the receipt, storage, and disbursement processes by adhering to established procedures and guidelines.
- Respond to terminal related emergencies when called upon to do so. Participate in annual emergency response training drills as required.
- Actuate preparation and completion of all related paperwork.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Valid Driver’s license
- Entry level
- TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials, MTSA Facilities)
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Mechanical aptitude
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
- Company Vehicles
- Two-way radios
- Safety equipment
- Hand Tools
- Manual and motor operated valves
- Calibrated gauging tapes and bobs
- Thermometers and Thermo Probes
- Mechanized loading arms.
- Pressure gauges.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
- Ability to work in the outside element.
- Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
- Ability to communicate with all other terminal departments.
- Ability to perform climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling and moderate lifting. Must be able to work in confined spaces, over water and not be afraid of heights.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and perform overtime as needed.
- Must be able to operate manual valves.
- Must be able to properly distinguish measurements and increments on a gauging tape and pressure gauges.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Ability to wear and use a respirator.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Responsibilities Relating to Hazardous Substances:
- Must safely and efficiently oversee the transfer of hazardous substances into and out of marine vessels, transport trucks and tanks without harm to the environment, facility and personnel.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment.