Heartworks, STEAMworks & Loveworks is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead our team in Williston, Heartworks. STEAMworks & Loveworks is a network of 39 preschools and early learning centers across New England. We prioritize employee experience and the total well-being of our teachers and leaders.
The Executive Director is responsible for the school's financial, operational, educational, and cultural success. Ultimately, the Executive Director is tasked with creating and sustaining a happy and healthy learning environment for all enrolled children and staff. Through effective written, virtual, and in-person communication skills, the Executive Director will model and foster genuine teamwork, leadership, and transparency in school and across our network of early education centers.
* Bachelor's Degree in Education, Human Development, or related field, or 30 college credits with an Early Childhood or School Age focus
* Program Director Step 2 certificate or willingness to take classes towards that level.
* Vermont Early Educator License is preferred.
Own center-based daily/educational operations, including but not limited to:
* Schedule and administer smooth daily opening and closing procedures
* Oversee all on-site teacher and administrative training (including building a succession plan for AD to act as the center/school director in your absence)
* Supervise curriculum to meet or exceed the standards of NAEYC's developmental guidelines, and state education standards
* Demonstrate a complete mastery of the regulatory environment, including compliance, licensor relationships, and the ability to adapt to regulatory changes.
* Oversee school culture and activities
* Maintain exceptional relationships with enrolled families through excellent verbal and written communication, family events, and positive interactions.
* Ensure that anti-bias and anti-racism perspectives are evident throughout the school
* Actively engage children, staff, and families in age-appropriate social-emotional learning
* Serve as a mandated reporter, and ensure all staff understand their obligations as a mandated reporters
Own center-based financial management, including, but not limited to:
* All weekly scheduling and payroll calculation are handled in the payroll system, i.e., Paylocity
* Weekly Profit & Loss calculations are completed
* Budgeting (e.g., billing, managing and collecting outstanding tuition, handling all voucher renewals, revenue drivers, and the ordering of supplies)
* Communicate with families about all things related to tuition and billing
* Updating family payment and attendance schedules through company systems (e.g., Procare)
* Competitive wages
* Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, pet insurance
* 401k with company match
* Tuition reimbursement
* Career advancement and coaching