To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Farmingdale, NY 11735
- Toby McAllister
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
R&D Chemist/Regulatory Specialist with bachelor's degree needed
Monroe Staffing Services • Farmingdale, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are seeking an R&D Chemist/Regulatory Specialist to work for a client in Farmingdale, NY on a 6 week project. There are two openings for this role.
As an R&D Chemist/Regulatory Specialist, your core responsibility is to provide R&D/regulatory ingredient listing support.
The position requires performance within the research and development group to assist the regulatory team in the preparation of ingredient statements. This will involve reviewing between 350-400 formulations and preparing ingredient nomenclatures for each of the products under the guidance of the Director of Regulatory.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biology or Chemistry.
- Experience in personal care, regulatory and raw materials.
- The position requires strong communication, team and computer skills.
- Requires knowledge and previous experience in the preparation of ILNs and label reviews (access to formulator program and laptop will be supplied).
- Familiarity with North America Cosmetic Regulations/Requirements.
- Conversant in requirements for ingredients, finished products.
- Must have strong understanding of U.S. cosmetic and OTC drug regulations as well as awareness of international cosmetic regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of chemical, R&D formulation and raw material and/or formulation principals.
- Previous hair care formulation experience desired.
- Project and time management skills to coordinate multiple work streams and timelines.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- The individual needs to be able to work in a safe, disciplined manner.
- 6 week temporary assignment
- 1st shift, Monday - Friday (flexible 40 hour work week schedule)
- Pay range: $30/hour
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.